A Campaign to Raise Money for the Restoration of the Clock in St. Paul’s Church
St. Paul’s Church was built in 1903 with the prayers, dedication, and hard work of area parishioners and priests. Arthur S. Redfield raised money to have a town clock installed in the steeple for all to enjoy. The clock no longer functions. Most Holy Trinity Parish would like to install an electronic actuator which will allow the clock to function again and the bells to toll. The cost of this project will be $16,000.
We have commenced fundraising for this endeavor and through the generosity of some area businesses we are on our way, but there is more to be done. For more information about the campaign please download the printable pledge card*. Thank you for any support you can give to our restoration effort.
*(Update 9/9/2016: the link to the pledge card has been removed because the campaign has finished successfully! Thank you for your support!)
Monday, March 21st
- 8:30am Mass – St. Paul’s in Barton
Tuesday, March 22nd
- 11:00am Diocese Chrism Mass – Burlington – For more information click here.
- 6:30pm Mass – St. Paul’s in Barton
- 7:00pm Rosary & Adoration – St. Paul’s in Barton
Wednesday, March 23rd
- 8:30am Mass – St. Paul’s in Barton
Holy Thursday, March 24th
- 7:00pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper – St. Paul’s in Barton
- Eucharistic Adoration after Mass until 9:00pm
Good Friday, March 25th
- 3:00pm Stations of the Cross – St. Paul’s in Barton
- 3:30pm Confessions – St. Paul’s in Barton
- 7:00pm Passion Service – St. Paul’s in Barton
Holy Saturday, March 26th
- 7:45pm Easter Vigil Mass – St. Paul’s in Barton
- There will not be a Saturday Mass in Orleans Easter weekend
- Attendance of the 7:45pm Saturday Easter Vigil Mass does fulfill Mass attendance for Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday, March 27th
- 8:30am Mass – St. John Vianney in Irasburg
- 10:00am Mass – St. Theresa’s in Orleans
- There will not be a Sunday Mass in Barton Easter weekend
Tuesday, March 22 during Holy Week the Chrism Mass in Burlington will be celebrated. From the diocese’s announcement:
“Each year during Holy Week the bishop concelebrates what is known as the “Chrism Mass” with the priests of his diocese. In the Diocese of Burlington, the Mass is celebrated on Tuesday of Holy Week. At this Mass the holy oils (“Chrismata,” in Greek) are blessed by the bishop to be used in sacramental anointings for the coming year. Also at this Mass, the priests renew their priestly vows together before the bishop.“ The Mass will take place on:
- Tuesday, March 22, 11:00am at the St. Joseph Co-Cathedral in Burlington.
Come join us at 5:00pm, Monday March 3rd through Thursday March 10th at St. Theresa’s in Orleans for our Parish Mission.
Every evening of the Mission will start at 5:00pm with snacks available and 5:15pm talk and presentations in the Orleans parish hall. Then moving to the church there will be 5:45pm confessions available, 6:00pm Divine Mercy Chaplet, and Mass at 6:15pm.
Because of the very busy schedules of the priests the presentation topics for each night have changed. Please attend the final two nights to find out the topic of the presentation for each evening.
- Wednesday, March 9th
- Thursday, March 10th
Priests from St. Johnsbury will be joining Fr. Naples to hear confessions at our Lenten penance service:
- Sunday, March 6th – 6:00pm at St. Paul’s in Barton.
- Monday, March 7th – 5:45pm Orleans
- Tuesday, March 8th – 5:45pm Orleans
- Wednesday, March 9th – 5:45pm Orleans
- Thursday, March 10th – 5:45pm Orleans
For more information about the Parish Mission, click here.
Eucharistic Adoration – March 16th
Fr. Naples will hear confessions during Eucharistic adoration on March 16th:
- Wednesday, March 16th – 6:30pm-8:00pm at St. Theresa’s in Orleans.
Fridays in Lent
Fr. Naples is hearing confessions at 3:30pm at St. Paul’s in Barton. on every Friday in Lent, following Stations of the Cross at 3:00pm.
Before Mass on weekends Fr. Naples is regularly available for confession:
- Saturdays, 3:00pm – 3:45pm at St. Theresa’s in Orleans.
- Sundays, 8:00am – 8:15am at St. John Vianney in Irasburg.
|Ave, Regina Caelorum
Ave, Regina caelorum,
Ave, Domina Angelorum:
Salve, radix, salve, porta
Ex qua mundo lux est orta:
Gaude, Virgo gloriosa,
Super omnes speciosa,
Vale, o valde decora,
Et pro nobis Christum exora.
|Hail, O Queen of Heaven
Welcome, O Queen of Heaven.
Welcome, O Lady of Angels
Hail! thou root, hail! thou gate
From whom unto the world, a light has arisen:
Rejoice, O glorious Virgin,
Lovely beyond all others,
Farewell, most beautiful maiden,
And pray for us to Christ.
- Wednesday, February 10th — 8:30AM at St. Paul’s in Barton
- Wednesday, February 10th — 6:00PM at St. Theresa’s in Orleans
Fr. Naples will also be doing a 10:00AM communion service at the Maple Lane Nursing Home on Wednesday, February 10th.